Friday 17 August 2012

Barclays Premier League predictions

On the eve of a new season, I usually predict who will win the Barclays Premier League, and who I think will be relegated, but this season I thought I would have a go at predicting the whole table. I may have just made myself look very silly,and I may have just upset more readers than I please, but hopefully I'll get more right than wrong. Be sure to check back here next May.

I spent almost the entire summer thinking Manchester City would retain their crown, but that was until their neighbours from Old Trafford swooped to sign Arsenal's Robin van Persie. He and Wayne Rooney represents a formidable strike partnership that could rival any that this great league has ever seen.

At the bottom, I think Swansea would have struggled anyway to match the exploits of last season, and that's before they lost Gylfi Sigurdsson, Joe Allen, possibly Scott Sinclair, and of course Brendan Rodgers, who left the Liberty Stadium to take charge at Liverpool. As for Southampton and Reading, I'm just not sure they have got strong enough squads, simple as that.

Let me know what you think.

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Newcastle United
9. Fulham
10. Aston Villa
11. Sunderland
12. West Bromwich Albion
13. Queens Park Rangers
14. West Ham United
15. Wigan Athletic
16. Norwich City
17. Stoke City
18. Swansea City
19. Southampton
20. Reading

1 comment:

  1. I think Saints have enough in the tank to do a 'Norwich' and suprise a few people this season. They should finish in a comfortable position. I don't hold any hope for Reading, so I'm with you on them heading straight out of the trap door at the first attempt. Norwich will struggle without Lambert, so I'll pick them to join Reading. Can't decide on the 3rd team to drop just yet, but I think it'll be between Swansea, the Hammers, and of course, Wigan.

    ReplyDelete